Friday, December 25, 2009
Arthur.....and i
Sitting at the airport waiting for the flight out to Paris from Madrid, which is a stopover coming from Barcelona. We are supposed to spend a very merry Christmas in Paris. However after entering the security gates i told him sharply to go away and board the plane his damned self, leaving him with his boarding card and passport. Its hard to believe that its only been 10 days since we've been together, and these days i feel myself getting very upset with him at some point during the day, especially at times of fatigue. This translates to a snappy reply or just being moody towards him. He of course see's it as my fault for being so easily worked up over such minute circumstances. What can i say. Nothing. There is no one to discuss this about, no one to consult. This kid is one in a million, he's that special in my eyes. I feel sometimes that I am his closest thing to being a brother (he has always called me "dai go"), if not his closest thing to being family. I guess towards him I am that much more sensitive about what he says and does. I was sure that my patience and love towards him would far exceed his demands, this scenario never ever crossed my mind. Before the trip I wasn't the least bit worried that this would happen, but now that it has i am rather shocked and beyond frustrated. I was fully concentrated on delivering the best possible trip that he could ever have. Up to now I feel that I am failing, fast. As I said this has only been ten days out of the month and half that we will spend together. Unbelieveable. I have already "learned" to live according to Arthur's timing and schedule, his insatiable appetite, his physical and mental demands. As for the "issues" that he has, they are not. I am not even going to go into details about the conflicts, only that they are relating to social and behavioral aspects. Since I know he can't change it (or it will take a very long time); I can only accept it for now. Society however is not designed to accept him so easily. However he could easily handle himself (contrary to what others may think) and at the same time enjoy what the world has to offer. It seems the more I put my hand in, the bigger and more painful the bite. Yes it is true, as he has told me day in and day out, that I worry too much and get agitated easily, but that's tough love aint it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment