It's hard to say when Fall exactly arrived. Alota days just crawl by, struggling to pass each minute. Especially when you plan to change the course of your life, time slows and makes u realize every minute. Or maybe its just me, slowly becoming aware of what I have planned for myself. And of course there is this excitement that I try to suppress every day as I go about doing my thing. As a person I am clearly more relaxed, and in a constant good mood. Why is there such a dominating sense of anticipation? I know that when I do embark on my travels, these feelings may be hard to come by at times. I mean is happiness going to be there during or at the end of my travels? Maybe, maybe not. I am really interested to find out about the dynamics of this "quest" for happiness. I really think there are few things in life that bring about such emotions besides travelling. People look at brochures and stuff, tourquois waters and lonely islands, fancy cocktails and what not. This then evokes emotions of excitement and anticipation, and as the person books the tickets he/she starts to imagine how the place will look like (of course extrapolated from the paradise on the brochure), and how it will fullfill all of his/her "quest" for happiness. As we all know this is considerably different from how it really is, and events that can actually happen in reality. People often just think of where to go, but rarely thinking about why one should go and how to go about it in order to better ones self at the end.
Departure
During these 2 years I have integrated well into the society, and its hard to believe. I have to remind myself now and then that I've been here for a LONG TIME now. It's also hard to swallow that I will leave here and most likely never ever have anything to do with this place again. Then comes a sense of urgency as I try to recollect and hold on to all the important events and people that I have come by during this time. This can only mean that my time here was enriching and valuable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
This is deep. I really mean it. You are on the road to great things in life. You are asking all the right questions. When you find the answers, Eureka!
Yeah you've been there a long time. Do you think about the reverse culture shock you'll go through when/if you come back to Toronto?
Post a Comment